Premium

Country

Portugal and USA

Device

iPhone 6

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

How can an international student pay a Premium subscription if is credit card is from other country?

5 Replies

Hey @masousa, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

Please keep in mind that the country payment method is on must match the country that is on your account. If it isn't, you won't be able to pay for Premium.

You can learn more about Payment methods by checking out this support article.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you. However, it doesn’t make sence not to accept an internstional card that is used to shop in the college and everywhere in the other country. Students may stay in other country for 3 or more years ans won’t get a local payment method just for this purpose...

Txs

@masousa,

Thanks for the response.

You can still travel with a Premium account (Student Discount included), so there shouldn't be an issue as long as the countries match once you've upgraded to Premium. You'll just need a good and stable internet connection, and not be offline for more than 30 days to refresh the subscription status with your device.  

I hope this helps. If you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Txs for your help...

My son had a normal spotify subscription when he travelled to USA (from Europe). After 30 days he changed his address has he will be studying there (until that time he though it was not necessary to).
Now he wants to subscribe premium, but he has not a local bank account. In fact, his/our credit cards are accepted to everything (all over the world) except for spotify premium...
Thanks again, but he has not subscribed before, therefore he would need another solution.
Regards

Hey @masousa.

With a Premium subscription you can go abroad for as long as you like. It's important however that you subscribe before you leave abroad.

If he's now a Free user in the US, he'll have to use a US payment method if he wants to upgrade to Premium. This is due to music licensing that varies per country. Alternatively he can purchase prepaid time in a physical store but this can't be combined with Student Discount. More information about prepaid time can be found here.

Let us know if you have further questions. Have a nice day.

Suggested posts