Free trial premium

Country 

Netherlands

Device

Xiaomi MI A2

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

So basically I just made a Spotify account and started a 3 month free trial for premium and paid the €0.01 check fee. The Spotify website says I have premium, but when I open the app it shows in the corner that I don't have premium, but I can select any song I want in a saved playlist and don't get ads, and I can skip more than 6 songs an hour. But sadly I can't download any song (which was the main reason I got premium). Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution. I already tried to restart the app and my phone.

Edit: for some reason now it treats me fully like a free user, only being able to shuffle play, getting ads and having limited skips

8 Replies

Hey @topshagger, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps? If that doesn't help, could you try following some troubleshooting steps here?

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I tried both of these options and they sadly don't work. I recently discovered that a friend of mine has the exact same problem. Thank you for your time

Hey @topshagger,

Thanks for trying those steps!
One more thing we could try, could you let me know your subscription status here?

Keep me updated 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey, I have the exact same problem. My status and everything says that I'm not subscribed, but I paid the 0,01. On my mobile device I can select and skip any song I want, but I can't download playlists. I tried everything, but nothing worked so far.

It says that it's free

Hey @topshagger@InSanne,

Thanks for getting back to me. Could you let me know what steps you've tried in this support article, and the outcome for each step?

Also, could you make sure that you don't have a second account following these steps?

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

I've tried all those option and I don't have a second account following the stuff said in the other article

Hey @topshagger@InSanne,

I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support here.

They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a great day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts