Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium member but 5 ads in my poscasts!!!!

Premium member but 5 ads in my poscasts!!!!

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung 6 edge

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have been listening to a new podcast Redhanded with my premium membership and it is full of ads, at the beginning in the middle and at the end. No banner and not embedded. I have restarted log out log in still the same. Payments up to date. Not happy!!!

5 Replies

Hello @Jas1808!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this, no worries though - I'll be here to help. Can you check if your account appears as a Premium account on your Spotify account page?

Keep me posted and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes it does i listen to everything with no ads all day but this one has them. I have checked i am part of the Premium family plan

Hey @Jas1808!

Thanks for your reply. Can you make sure that the ads aren't embedded in this particular podcast? If not, it might be worth having a clean reinstall of the app following the steps provided in this Spotify Answer.

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

How do you know if they are embedded??

Hello @Jas1808!

Embedded ads are included in the podcast before it was uploaded and they are part of the podcast. Therefore, those ads can't be skipped even if you have a Premium account. Normal Spotify ads have a banner that shows instead of the banner of the podcast you're listening to. 

Hope this helps clear things up.

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts