Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium not accepting my card in Nigeria

Premium not accepting my card in Nigeria

I have you trying to pay for my premium subscription from Nigeria and and none of my cards were accepted. I've tried dollar and local cards both virtual and physical and none of them worked

Plan

Premium

Country

Nigeria

Device

Redmi 7 and Web

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

11 Replies

I'm experiencing the same here in Nigeria.

Something urgent has to be done, please!

Hi there @2qjmuug1m9nckzc90b2u 2qjmuug1m9nckzc90b2u and @iConnect,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We're sorry to hear that you haven't been able to Subscribe to one of our Spotify plans. Let's take a closer look into this.

Make sure your payment method has sufficient funds, and is:

• Registered in the same country to your Spotify account.
  • Not expired or canceled.
  • Enabled for foreign, secure online, and recurring purchases. Look for these settings in your bank’s mobile app.
  • Opted into e-commerce and cross border payments. Look for this setting in your bank’s mobile app settings.

Also, make sure your bank or payment provider has your correct details. They may need to verify your identity for security, e.g. with a password, PIN, fingerprint, or code sent to your device. 

If that doesn't do the trick we recommend that you do the following:

• Try entering your payment details again using a private/incognito window.
  • Try a different payment method.
  • It might just be a temporary connection issue, so wait a few hours and try again.
  • Get in touch with your payment provider.

If you still having issue there's currently an ongoing issue about this here. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates about this.

Have a great continued day.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Why can’t I subscribe with my atm card?

and my plan has finished now. 

I’ve been trying it since. 
I’m tired of the app now. 🤬

This app is utterly unbearable

Actually Spotify is nonsense, very unstable app.. mtchew. My card worked once, then all of a sudden it stopped working 

Paid once and on the second its stop showing payment method.

The app is getting frustrating.

Good morning, I'm a spotify customer from Nigeria, I use Spotify from Nigeria and the government of the country banned international spend on all naira debit cards and since then we can't make international purchases like for example Spotify premium.
I use two main banks namely standard chartered Bank and first bank. I've a mastercard and a visa card with first bank and I've three visa cards with standard chartered Bank cause I've three accounts with them. Spotify tried charging me this month for my Spotify premium and couldn't so I was told to update my payment details. Since yesterday I've tried three different cards to make payment for my Spotify premium and they all keep failing although I've monet inside my account, please I'm a very active user of Spotify and I love the platform very well. Spotify is my best music app, please could you check my region and notify me on ways in which I can pay for my Spotify premium cause I don't want to loose my premium

My region is Nigeria.

I used two different visa cards and a master card and Spotify couldn't charge me on the three cards I used although I've money inside them. I also recently tried a verve card and yet the payment didn't go through.  My region is Nigeria, please can you check for help for me on how I can continue paying for my Spotify premium please.

I use Spotify on an android device

My phone name's Samsung galaxy a12

Been unable to subscribe since the first time my card worked, it worked just once, please advice. Need to access premium content urgently. Cheers. 

Hello Jeremy

I think Spotify should create an alternative means of payment for Nigerians because the government has restricted local cards from making international transactions.

Check out the Facebook model through which Nigerians make payments for ads with local cards

If that can be inculcated by Spotify, then the problem would be solved

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

Hi there @GodsonPro,

Thanks for the feedback you've shared. I've passed this on to the right folks at Spotify. 

Unfortunately, when it comes to payment methods Spotify has to abide to local law and government enforced regulations. Nevertheless, we do our best to bring music to everyone, so issues like these are being constantly worked on.

Cheers!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's a problem with spotify even international business cards don't work with it, plus if you check your bank receipt it's either billed from Lagos or Abuja which means it's local. I don't know how this works but if you use the same cards on a new accounts it's accepts it

Suggested posts