Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium, payment method and Countries

Premium, payment method and Countries

Hi everyone, I have a curiosity ...
I apologize if I was not able to find an answer that is present in the forum, but I tried to find something but I did not find anything ...

1) I created an account on Spotify
2) The account was created in Italy
3) Still from Italy, I switched from Spotify Free to Spotify Premium
4) Now I am in the Netherlands
5) I have not renewed my subscription to Spotify Premium and now I can only use Spotify Free

Obviously from Italy I managed the payment through an Italian service.
I ask:
Is it possible to set up a payment method not present in the country where you use Spotify?
Can someone explain to me why this is not possible?

Do I have the possibility to "reset" from the Netherlands "my country" as Italy and be able to set up an Italian payment method?
Can someone explain to me why this is not possible?

I thank you for any kind of answer

4 Replies

Hey @campanella700,

Welcome to the community!

The country of your payment method must match the one in your Spotify profile so that Spotify can verify your location.

You can't change your country back to Italy while still living in another country, as Italy will only show in the dropdown list in the edit your profile section when you’re actually there.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you Noah-S

Do you think that it's possible to me to log into my account from Italy, then change again the country (to Italy), to set an Italian payment method and then continue to use Spotify Premium here in the Netherlands (this is how things were basically going)

🙂

Hey @campanella700,

That should work!

If you have Premium, you can use Spotify anywhere in the world for as long as you like. Therefore, if you were to subscribe to Premium from Italy, you will be able to continue using Premium in the Netherlands for as long as you like! 

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello,

I have the same issues, i keep on changing countries for work reasons and loosing my offer all the time. I am french, suscribed the first time in France, but now i am somehow registered in Norway (i live in Oslo but i am still french) and when i want to pay for premium it is now in NOK 109,99 which is approximately 11,5EUR while the price in France is 9,99EUR... I do not know what to do but it is a pity that the app is not as global and price homegeneous .. 

Suggested posts