Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium payment not working w/ giftcard

Premium payment not working w/ giftcard

Okay so I got a giftcard for 10€ and I redeemed it but that was like over 6 hours ago. It shows up on the online account, that I now have Premium but when I'm opening the app on my computer or phone then it says that I need to purchase Premium to use Spotify Premium. I reinstalled Spotify, I logged out and in and it doesn't change I don't know what to do next... does anyboby know something please?

Device

(iPhone 7, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 11, macOS 10.13)

Country

Germany

5 Replies

Hi @rb4c, welcome to the Spotify Community!

It sounds like you have a second account. We'd recommend going here to verify if you're logging into another account.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Hi, 

I'm definitly sure that I don't have other accounts, but I reset my password and it didn't change anything either. I know my user name and all that, do you have other solutions? Thank you in advance!

Same problem here in Belgium. Redeemed a gift card about 1hr ago, upgrade went through according to my account info but it won't activate on either my android or my Windows 10 app.

This happened to me today too, i live in Finland. It's getting on my nerves a little to be honest, I want my money back if this doesn't get fixed lol

//macbookiero @ spotify

Hey @user-removed, @rb4c, and @Jokerman8!

How're you getting on with your Premium time? We can confirm everything's looking good on our end. 

If you're still unable to see Premium, we'd recommend having another look at the support article above. It's most likely that you're logged into a second account. 

Our support team can help via email if you get stuck. Just give them a shout

Thanks,

Chris

Suggested posts