Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium settings

Solved!

Premium settings

Im listening on my android app to spotify premium for family. I don't get adds anymore so the app should recognize I have premium. However I cant use any of the premium settings. They are unclickable. Closing the app or logging off and on doesnt work. Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again @Marloesje ๐Ÿ™‚

After taking a look backstage, it seems like these settings aren't available when using Connect to Chromecast. However, you can modify them any time when you aren't using Connect.

Let me know if that helps!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, franรงais or ฮตฮปฮปฮทฮฝฮนฮบฮฌ
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey there @Marloesje, welcome to the community!

That sounds odd. First of all, can you head over to your account page and verify your status is Premium? If it says indeed Premium, I'd suggest trying a clean reinstall of the client so you can use Spotify anew from a clean slate. You can find the steps here.

Let me know how it goes!

K

That worked for a second. I just started listening to a playlist and now the settings are unclickable again.

Can it have something to do with listening with chromecast?

Hmm, that's odd. Could you share some details like the OS version of the device you use and which device that is as well as the Spotify version? Does it happen when you use Spotify in other devices or networks?

Meanwhile, I've escalated this backstage so that we can get some extra ideas to troubleshoot ๐Ÿ™‚

Let me know!

K

When I'm not connected to chromecast I can use all settings again. I have spotify version 8.2.0.788 armV7. Android version 6.0.1. I use a LG stylus 2 phone. I hope this helps!

Hey again, sorry for the delay @Marloesje ๐Ÿ™‚

I'd suggest using Spotify directly from the Chromecast app on your phone. Also, which function are you trying to use and have trouble? Is it a specific one?

Let me know if that helps ๐Ÿ™‚

K

I have 6 months of free premium and i have 2 months left on my account as i asked a Fido Representative and it wont let me use my premium anymore

Im not in a hurry. Just like to solve this at some point.
What do you mean with opening directly whith chromecast app? Opening spotify app from the google home app?
There are several settings I cant use like private mode, crossfade, normalize volume and others.
Marked as solution

Hey again @Marloesje ๐Ÿ™‚

After taking a look backstage, it seems like these settings aren't available when using Connect to Chromecast. However, you can modify them any time when you aren't using Connect.

Let me know if that helps!

K

Ok that sucks, but thanks for looking into it. I really appreciate it!

Suggested posts