Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium still has ads

Premium still has ads

Listening to podcasts on premium ("ad-free") and they still have ads.

5 Replies

Hey @entropicdecay, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

While Spotify doesn’t play ads that interrupt the music listening experience of Premium subscribers, some podcast creators may include third-party advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship messages in their episodes. There's more info about podcasts here

If this is something you’d like to see a change in the future, you can always create a new Idea about this here, and I'll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, thanks for confirming the bug. This is a severe breach of the premium service that users are paying for. When can we expect a fix? 

Hi there @entropicdecay

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Just to clarify this isn't a bug. 

As @Billy-J mentioned previously, Spotify doesn’t play or include ads that interrupt the listening experience of Premium subscribers. However, some podcast creators may include third-party advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship messages in their episodes.

Spotify gives the podcast hosts the option to choose if they would like to have a dynamic ad slot in their podcast, but that isn't something Spotify can control - it's up to the individual podcast owners if they choose to have that type of ad in their content.

We hope this clears things up. If you need anything else, give us a shout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Ah fair enough. If that's the case, it looks like the bug is in the description of your premium service, which is described as "ad-free". I assume you'll be updating it so customers are aware they are not in fact paying for something that is "ad-free"?

Hi @entropicdecay

Thanks for your quick reply!

We understand where you're coming from.

In this case, we suggest that you take a look at this article for more info. We understand that many of the creators that you're listening to seem to be using that option and this is up to the individual podcast owners, as this is their choice to have ads in their content.

Also and just to clarify, when signing up for Premium, it's offered ad-free music listening, so there are no ads from Spotify that interrupt your music listening experience, but the ones in the podcasts are inserted within the content by the own podcast creators.

Hope this explains the situation. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts