Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I really need an urgent attention from Spotify Team. Last month (Feb, 1) I've been double charged for my subscription and someone told me it's due to I've subscribed to Premium for Family and I need to pay an extra fee eventhough my next billing date (Feb, 18) is not yet due  (I'm not sure when i subscribed for this family plan but i accepted it as my mistake and cancelled the Premium subscription on Feb, 4 itself. I received the confirmation of cancellation and i'm no longer premium after March, 1. However, on March, 1 again I've been billed for Premium for family fee which i never used and it has been fully cancelled on Feb, 4. 

I'm so frustrated as I'm unable to remove my credit card from the subscription info and Spotify keeps charging me for something I no longer used and it's so  expensive. Appreciate if someone can assist to notify Spotify or direct me on how to cancel whatever hidden subscription permanently? I've followed the advise given from the previous post and I only have 1 account. I even uninstalled the Spotify app on my laptop. Help me please!!

1 Reply

Hey, @suzenjasni

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here

About your problem, I suggest that you take a look on the following steps:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click Subscription in the menu on the left. 
  • If the subscription page shows you're on Spotify Free, the account is not being charged. Any charges are likely from another account that's active on Premium. Check for other accounts
  • If the subscription page shows you're on Spotify Premium, try the cancel process again and ensure you reach the final confirmation screen.
  • If the subscription page shows you have Premium provided by a partner company (e.g. your broadband/mobile provider or iTunes), you may need to contact that company to cancel. 

If for any reason your problem persists, I suggest that you be in touch with the official Spotify team, because your problem involve sensible content. You can talk to them clicking here.

If you need more help or have any other question, contact us here!

If you think my reply was useful, give me a like and set it like a soluction. It's really helpful!

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts