Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium subscription not working

Premium subscription not working

I have a premium subscription which I've had for a while with no problems. I changed my password yesterday and tried to log back into the androind app on my phone but am only getting the free one. I've followed all suggested steps (logging out and back in etc) logged in on the website and it shows i have a premium account so It seems the problem is with the app and not my account?
4 Replies

Hey @Aislinntaplin,

It sounds like you've got a second account with Spotify. Are there any other email addresses you could have used to register with Spotify? It's worth checking those inboxes to see if you have any Spotify emails -- that will mean your extra account is registered with that email.

• If you don't have another email address, note how you log into the Spotify app usually.
  • If you use your Facebook details try entering your Spotify username (if you created one originally).
  • If you use your Spotify username try entering just your email address.
MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Thanks for your response.
I've tried my only other email address and it says spotify doesn't recognise it so I would assume that I don't have a second account unless it's with the same email address. When I sign in on the website with this email address it shows my account is premium. I've tried to sign in on the app with my username and email address and it's showing a free account with both. 

Thanks for letting me know.

Just to confirm, are you logging in with your username or email address at https://spotify.com/account and you see that your account is Premium?

Also, can you please confirm that you're logging into the app using the same login info and seeing Free?

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I had to clear the cache and uninstall and reinstall spotify to solve the problem!

Suggested posts