Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium trial

Solved!

Premium trial

I want to change my username but not connect fb to my Spotify account. I realised the only way to do that is by deactivating my account and starting it again.

Currently I'm trialing a 3 month Family Premium Subscription, if I deactivate my account and make another one using the same email account, will I be able to have access to the trial again?

I was never asked to pick my username when I created an account on my MacBook Pro and I would really like to not have just numbers.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @neva-apoorva, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

There isn't an option to change your username, but there are some alternative options here.

The Premium Family trial is only available once, so if you create a new account with the same email address, I can't guarantee that you'll get the trial again. 

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @neva-apoorva, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

There isn't an option to change your username, but there are some alternative options here.

The Premium Family trial is only available once, so if you create a new account with the same email address, I can't guarantee that you'll get the trial again. 

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

How can I change my display name?

Hey @neva-apoorva,

Thanks for your reply.

You can change your display name by connecting your account to Facebook. There is more info here.

The other option is to create a new account. Doing this, you'll be asked to enter the name you'd like to be displayed, but as mentioned in my last reply I can't guarantee you'll get a trial on the new account since one is already being used.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts