Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Prepaid 12-Month Premium Card was entered/processed on New Account & still thinks it's Free Account?

Prepaid 12-Month Premium Card was entered/processed on New Account & still thinks it's Free Account?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(HP Laptop, Google Chrome Browser)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I made a New Account, deleted my old one, created a new email & created a Spotify Account (although haven't received any confirmation emails: New Account, Confirm Email, etc.) successfully.

I've double checked the email address and it matches what I've entered.

Signed in, I proceeded to: Account's "Redeem" option & put in a $99 Spotify Premium (12 Months) Code Gift-Card; it said it was processed...

BUT it still thinks it's a "Free" Account, asking me to Upgrade.

I've logged out of ALL Devices multiple times & triple checked the Profile Information.

Re-entering the code to Redeem (perhaps it didn't go through the first time) but it rejects it since it's been used...

It's been 2 days; seems as my currency/code was eaten...

Did I just waste $100+tax or am I missing something?

PLEASE HELP

6 Replies

Hey there @Rhouthless,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

When you redeemed the gift card, a confirmation email should've been sent to the email address registered on the account where you did so. We recommend checking all your email accounts and look for that email. Make sure to also check on the junk/Spam folders.

Also, take a look at the articles that @AyuTheHuman mentioned above.

Keep us posted on how it goes. If you have any questions, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Yes, unfortunately, the Premium Code was activated under a Facebook Account and I don't understand how this happened

A) That Facebook Account was deactivated over 10 years ago

B) Username for said Facebook Account is an email that's also been inactive, since it's sole purpose was that of this Facebook Account

C) 2-Step Recovery options for both the Email + Facebook Accounts are obsolete. I don't have that phone number listed and both account's "Recovery" information is each other. 

D) Google won't approve that it's me, even after reviewing my case. So there's no way to access the confirmation emails for my "Premium Account".

ALL I GOTTA SAY IS DATA TRACKING, SAVED PASSWORDS, DEVICE SYNC... IT'S ALL WACK. IT'S TOO EERY HOW WEIRDLY CONNECTED IT ALL IS.

Nothing on the internet is ever truly deleted, I guess.

I realize that I'm a sitting duck but is there anything to do or that can be done now?

Hey there @Rhouthless,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case we suggest that you contact our customer support so they can help you further with this.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

The Facebook, Email/Username that Spotify sent the Premium Code's Value/Confirmation to are both permanently disabled. I've gone through the necessary steps but have been denied access/manual over-write by both Facebook and Google for the accounts that've been inactive for almost ten years.
If possible, I'd like to know what department to contact for either a replacement code or refund. I appreciate the help but in this circumstance... I'm going in circles *no Mac Miller reference intended*.
Thanks again.

Hey @Rhouthless,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

In this case the best solution will be to contact our support team here. The folks there can investigate this further and give you more information about it.

We'll be right here if you have any further questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts