Family Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Google Pixel 4A, Macbook Pro 2020

Operating System

Android 11, MacOS Catalina

My Question or Issue

Since some weeks ago, I am receiving an error message saying that the payment with the credit card was not possible.

I am being using this credit card during last 3 years without issues and the expiration date is in 2022 year.

I have tried also several times changing the credit card details, trying in "incognito" mode in the browser. Unfortunately, the issue still remains.

5 Replies

Hi there @rmac8,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

If the incognito window didn't help, we recommend to try using a different Internet connection and another browser. Also, make sure that your card meets all the requirements you'll find here. If it does, then we suggest to wait 24 hours since your last attempt to try it again.

If the issue persists after this, we recommend to reach out to your bank to check with them if everything is ok with the car and that it’s enabled for online, international, recurring payments, and 3D secure.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions, we're always a post away.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi @CarlosE,

I am facing a similar problem than the exposed above. I've been using the same credit card for the last three years without problem and all of a sudden it has stopped working. I've tried with different browsers, incognito mode and checked with my bank that my card is all right. Is there any other solution?

Thank you

Hey @xPATQ,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. We're happy to help.

We suggest that you have a look so that your 3d secure authentication is enabled or if your bank has changed 3d secure authentication recently?

We also recommend that you try from another device to see if that helps.

Keep us posted.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have the same problem: this is now the second week of trying to get Spotify to resolve the issue. Today I finally followed their advice to cancel my Premium plan and re-subscribe, only to meet the same payment issue. Now I have lost my Premium account altogether because of their problem with the failed payments. I am beyond angry.

Hey there @chloegrice

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We're sorry to know  that you've been struggling to renew your subscription. The payment method you'd like to use should work as long as it meets these requirements. 

On another note, just to confirm, have you already tried subscribing again from a different device and using an incognito window? Also, it's worth trying with a different internet connection to see if that makes the difference. 

If the issue persists, we'd recommend waiting 24 hours before trying again.

If it still doesn't work afterwards, we'd recommend trying with a different payment method.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts