Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems with migration from Premium to a Family account plan

Solved!

Problems with migration from Premium to a Family account plan

Hi, 

I got a Premium account just 3 days ago (already paid) and then I was invited for my sister to join a Family account and I accepted it before cancel my premium one. What happened to my Premium then?  because now I tried quitting from the family account and I just got the free one... 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @morgana_asdas, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you already had Premium, your billing switches automatically - you don’t need to cancel anything when you join a Premium Family plan.

This means that all payments are made by the plan’s manager. Any remaining Premium time you have is forfeited, and you can track all this on your account page, under Your plan.

So, in your case, when you leave a Premium Family plan, you'll lose access to Premium Family and your account will switch to the free version of Spotify.

There is some more information on this here.

There is also some information about the Premium Family plan here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have additional questions.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @morgana_asdas, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you already had Premium, your billing switches automatically - you don’t need to cancel anything when you join a Premium Family plan.

This means that all payments are made by the plan’s manager. Any remaining Premium time you have is forfeited, and you can track all this on your account page, under Your plan.

So, in your case, when you leave a Premium Family plan, you'll lose access to Premium Family and your account will switch to the free version of Spotify.

There is some more information on this here.

There is also some information about the Premium Family plan here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have additional questions.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts