Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Purchased a Samsung Galaxy S20 UW and cannot redeem 6 month trial offer

Purchased a Samsung Galaxy S20 UW and cannot redeem 6 month trial offer

Plan 

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S20 5G UW (Verizon) SM-G981V

Operating System

Android 10.0

Hey,

I purchased two Galaxy S20 5G phones through the Samsung website. As you may be aware, Samsung is offering a 6 month trial with Spotify for purchasing any of its new phones. The first phone I purchased is a Unlocked phone and came pre-installed with Spotify. This phone was able to redeem the 6 month free trial no problem. The second phone I purchased was Verizon's version of the Galaxy S20 which did not come pre installed with Spotify. It's a known issue that you cannot redeem the offer unless you are running the stock installed Spotify application so I factory reset my phone to find that Spotify was not installed. I installed Spotify directly from the Google Play Store and still had no luck. Does anyone have experience with this issue?

My Question or Issue

7 Replies

Hi there @earlv,

thanks for reaching out !

I would like to first double-check if you're trying to redeem the 2nd trial offer with the same account you'd activated the 1st one on.

The reason why i'm asking is due to the fact you can only get it once per account even if you bought 2 eligible devices.

Waiting on your update 🙂

Have the same problem.

I hod no premium subscription before, just to mention.

Hope we'll find a solution soon.

Same issue here. This is a crazy way to have us redeem an offer, just cross our fingers that the right option is there? I've never had spotify before & the only options are the normal ones, nothing to do with Samsung. I signed out, I've uninstalled, I've done everything I've seen suggested. It's frustrating because that was included in my purchase as a $70+ credit. 

I had a similar issue after purchasing a smart tv from currys in December. 7 months later and after futile efforts by the spotify support, the issue has still not been resolved. Here's the post I created to document my journey https://community.spotify.com/t5/Subscriptions/Invalid-voucher-provided-for-Currys-promotion-to-TRY-...

Hey.

I keep getting emails about this thread and I suppose I'll provide an update.

Spotify Customer Service basically said (and I'm paraphrasing) that because the Device ID is not the same as the unlocked one from Samsung and that it is a separate device offered by Verizon that no one who bought the UW version of the phone is eligible for the 6 month trial. This is misleading on Samsung and Spotify's part because Samsung's website clearly advertises that all S20s will be eligible for the offer and this even shows up in the cart when checking out. I've since deleted my Spotify Account (although the other device I bought for a family member is still enjoying the spotify trial). I will not be seeking further assistance with obtaining this trial as I am quite content with Youtube Music. Thank you for reaching out though!

Country

Germany

Device

Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G SM-G998B/DS

Operating System

Got a similar problem here. I bought my S20 Ultra 5g from Samsung directly via their website though id did not come with a preloaded version of spotify. However, if I install spotify, I do see the Samsung 6 months offer there. Regardless, once I try to claim it, its redirecting me to some kind of "this offer can not be redeemed at this moment" error page.

I already tried: 

-Reinstalling the app

-Resetting the phone itself

-Making a new account (the account i originally tried on, has only been created once i found out about this offer.)

-Trying on other wifi/mobile data

Im really looking forward for any kind of assistance i could possibly get.

Sincerely,

-Lin

Hi folks!

We apologize for the delayed reply, we've just come across this thread.

Just to make sure, are you trying to access the offer from the Premium tab on the Spotify App?

Keep in mind that this offer is only for users who have never used Premium before.

@fr_la_co, could you let us know if you're still having issues with the Currys offer?

@Tikomatura, could you try it again from a different device? If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you run a clean reinstall since it's more thorough than a usual one. Also, sending us a screenshot of the error message you're getting would come in handy. Make sure to mask any private info on it. 

Cheers - We'll be waiting for your reply!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts