NEXT STEP

REDEEMING GIFT CARD on Premium Duo

REDEEMING GIFT CARD on Premium Duo

Plan

Premium Dup

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

Is there ANYONE there who can HELP REDEEM a $30 gift card for my Premium Duo?! I received one and ASSUMED I can use it as CREDIT on my account, but it doesn't let me. Support says "it cannot be combined with other discounts"... WHAT OTHER DISCOUNTS?! THIS IS A GIFT CARD... it's not even a gift card of "3 months free", it's in DOLLAR VALUE and should be able to be REDEEMED as CREDIT!

Can anyone escalate this to premium support or somewhere that I can redeem this?  It's extremely frustrating, so either we have to DOWNGRADE to Premium and me and wife BOTH use the same playlists, etc... or I LOSE $30 for NO REASON!

I feel like this is THEFT! SPOTIFY FIX THIS NOW!

11 Replies

Hey @Alexb997,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

The gift card you have can only be redeemed with Premium Individual.

If you're on Premium Duo, the only way to redeem it is for the manager of the Premium Duo plan to downgrade to Premium Individual, redeem the gift card on their account, and then upgrade to Premium Duo again.

Rest assured that neither of you with lose any of your individual playlists, and you will regain access to Duo Mix after you upgrade to Duo again and reinvite your former Duo plan member. The info for subscribing to Premium Duo is here in case you need it.

Let us know if you need any further help - we'll be right here.

Take care 🙂

it keeps saying im not eligible for that offer every time i try to upgrade to duo

Hey @kuwarie,

Thanks for reaching out.

Since your issue is a bit different to the one mentioned in the original post, do you mind creating a new thread in the Premium Family help board here? We'll be happy to help you out there 🙂

Cheers!

Hello 

I just want to ask so if I just use my gift card now for individual and then upgrade to duo does it cost any extra?

Hey there @WongKody,

Thanks for stopping by the Community!

If you apply a gift card this will upgrade your individual free account to Premium right away and it will be valid for the amount of months corresponding to the card's value. Gift cards work as a to-go payment option only with individual accounts.

If you want to later upgrade to a Duo plan, you'd need to provide details for a recurring payment method, as this type of subscription requires it. If you decide to become the manager of a Duo subscription, then after subscribing (submitting your payment method) the change to the new Duo features of the plan is immediate and your previous individual Premium time is not lost, but your billing date gets pushed forward in time, to accommodate your previous Premium time. 

Hope my post helps to clarify things, and you can also check out this article here for more details on how the Duo plan payments work. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Then you should not sell a card with a Dollar Value, sell it with the description of 3 month individual plan instead.

How do I upgrade my Premium Individual to Premium Duo?

Hey there @S9oof,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

You can change the subscription to Premium Duo from here. Take into account that this will only work if you have the subscription directly through Spotify. If you pay with a partner company (e.g. your mobile or internet provider), you'll need to cancel the subscription with them first, and once your Premium time is up, you can subscribe to Premium Duo.

When changing the subscription, you will see the payment methods available. This depends on your country/region. In some countries, it is necessary to enter a recurring payment method, such as a credit card, debit card, or PayPal.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

If you are part of Spotify, you need to tell them that this IS BS.  I shouldn't have to do all this just to add a gift card to my account. Bull. Sh*t.

I was going to give my parents a Spotify premium duo gift card to cover a 1 year subscription for Christmas.  I was going to help them set up a account (they would be new to Spotify).  After doing 5 minutes of research, I guess Spotify doesn't want me to do this.  Not looking for any discounts, they would have a new account.  This policy doesn't make any sense.

Hi Peter

I have been given a premium gift card for £60. My account is also premium but I am not in any discounted period. When i try to redeem it, it wont let me apply the credit.  Please can you help?

Thanks

Louise

Suggested posts