Random Music Play?

Highlighted

Random Music Play?

Visitor

I was wondering if the primum service (or free version) plays random artist/songs to the bands you pick (like pandora)  like if I picked lets say Korn and then it'll play like a NiN or Slipknot (even if i havent picked slipknot/NiN?

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Random Music Play?

Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8

Hi @phreakishintent

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

There's a feature called Spotify Radio. It creates a collection of songs based on any artist, album, playlist, or song of your choice. 

1. Go to any artist, album, playlist, or song.
  2. Select 

the three dots.
  3. Select Go to radio.

NOTE: Radio on mobile devices is only available for Premium users. However, you can still enjoy the Radio feature on your desktop, even as a Free user. 

You can also enable AutoplayWhen you reach the end of an album, playlist, or selection of tracks, Spotify will automatically play similar songs so the music never stops. 

Here's a Support article on that. 

I hope it helps!

Emilia_8Rock Star 8
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Was wondering if I could do this at an album level? I'd like my "favorited" albums played at random and never repeat until I've listened to them all.

Highlighted

Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8

Hello @sethmadsen

You can create Radio playlist based on an album from your library and use Autoplay as well. However, those are different features than playing all your saved albums on shuffle. 

Currently it's not possible to do that. 

As a workaround, you could add these albums to a playlist and shuffle it, or create a playlist for each album and add them to a folder, since it's possible to shuffle a folder's content on desktop. 

I'd also recommend submitting an idea about the albums. I think it'd be a great feature!

For more details on how to do it, make sure to take a look at this Spotify Answer

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Emilia_8Rock Star 8
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS