Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: Why am I having trouble inviting my partner to Spotify duo

Re: Why am I having trouble inviting my partner to Spotify duo

This has been a reoccurring problem on my devices as well, when I tried to sign in to his duo plan either on my laptop or my phone, and both my partner and I are set for the same country. I have also ended my subscription for my previous plan to join his. Any other ideas? 

1 Reply

Hey @holzvgcb3b6qmmudn9od,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the Chats section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

This type of issue is commonly related to the location registered in the accounts. Even if you're both located at the same address, it's possible that one of the accounts was created in a different country. This could happen if a VPN was active during its creation.

In this case, we'd first recommend checking the country registered on your account page to check if it matches the owner's country. We'd also recommend your partner to check out the same info.

If the country matches, you can try the inviting process again, but this time using an incognito window to avoid saved info from affecting it.

Lastly and if the issue persists, since it could be account-related and we cannot access users' accounts from the Community, we'd recommend contacting our Customer support directly so they can check the account and help you further.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts