Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Redeeming a gift card for Premium and than changing subscription to Premium Duo

Redeeming a gift card for Premium and than changing subscription to Premium Duo

Hi, I've a Premium account and I've been gifted a gift card for Premium (country: Italy)

I would redeem it but I'm also considering to change my subscription to Premium Duo to share it with my wife.

If I reedemed the gift card for Premium and than changed plan to Premium Duo, would the credit be used for paying the Premium Duo subscription?

Thanks!

2 Replies

Hi there @p_i_n_n_o

thanks for reaching out !

In most cases, the recommended action would be to apply the gift card on your current account, enjoy the amount of Premium time given on it and then, when its finished, transfer to another subscription type.

What would happen if you apply the gift card and then transfer is that it may overrule the gift card and will start your Duo immediately.

Let me know if you need further explanation 🙂

Hey @p_i_n_n_o,

Just to add to what @OneByBoo said.

Spotify gift cards are only for Premium Individual plans, and you won't be able to use them for Premium Student, Premium Family, Premium Duo, or trial offers. 

However, since you're on Premium Individual and provided that you already redeemed the gift card, you can upgrade to Premium Duo and the Premium time from the gift card will be converted to the new plan. The billing date will be brought forward due to pricing differences. 

There's more info on this here.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts