Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Redeeming in another country

Redeeming in another country

I live in the USA normally, and I've used premium for a few years. I'm currently living in Germany, but will eventually go back. Unfortnately, my card that I charge for my account had to be deactivated, and I haven't gotten the replacement card yet. I bought a 10€ gift card so I can pay for my account while I wait for the new card to arrive, but I cannot redeem it because I'm in the wrong country. I would rather not have the 10€ I spent be a waste, as I don't think I can return it.

Hoping for assistance. 

1 Reply

Hey @petergernon, welcome to the community!

Right now, your account must match the country where you purchased the card to redeem it.

If the new credit card you'll be using is also from Germany, I suggest cancelling the current subscription. Once your account goes back to Free, you'll be able to update the country to Germany, and redeem the card you purchased.

Don't worry, if your account goes back to Free, you won't lose any saved music or playlists.

If the replacement card you're expecting is also from the USA, updating the account country to Germany won't allow you to use the new card any more. However, you could continue buying gift cards until you're back in the USA.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts