Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Regular Premium Account WITHOUT HULU is not available

Regular Premium Account WITHOUT HULU is not available

Spotify has seriously fouled up their entire subscription system in the USA with the rollout of the Hulu promotion.

It appears to be impossible at this moment to sign up for a new Premium account without Hulu, or to upgrade a free to account to Premium without Hulu, or to use a gift card on any existing Premium account.

Gift cards cannot be used with "bundled services," i.e., when Spotify is bundled with service from another company such as Hulu. It appears that all Premium accounts that are set up on monthly autopay with a debit or credit card have automatically been converted to Premium with Hulu. So gift cards cannot be applied to these accounts. There is no option within the account to downgrade to Premium without Hulu.

Free accounts cannot be upgraded to Premium without Hulu. The only option available is to upgrade to Premium with Hulu.

@SpotifyCares directed to me to this link to sign up for Premium without Hulu:

https://www.spotify.com/us/purchase/offer/1-month/

But that page requires payment with something called a PaySafeCard. It does not accept regular credit or debit cards, and it does not accept gift cards.

I challenge any user to successfully set up a "standard" Spotify Premium account without Hulu, using a gift card, credit card, or debit card. It simply cannot be done right now.

They have converted all Premium accounts to Premium with Hulu, making it impossible to use a gift card.

#GiftCardFailure #SpotifyinDenial

3 Replies

Hi @KossB ,

I am sorry about this, and about how you feel!

Rest assured I have gone ahead and let the right folks at Spotify aware of how you feel. 

I will update you if I have any updates.

All the best.

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

See my update to the other thread for additional details about this issue:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Subscriptions/GIFT-CARD-FAILURE/td-p/4739280/page/2

My update was posted to that thread on 02 May 2019 at 17:46 eastern time in the USA.

Hey @KossB.

You'll find a reply from me in that thread - make sure to check it out 😉

Take care!

Suggested posts