Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

Android 6.0

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

From some reason the regular payment fails this month. Up until now it was working/charged w/o any issue. I tried to update the payment data with the same card, did not help. Tried in incognito mode, also nothing.

Called to the bank - there is no issue with the card/account. There is definitely enough money..

15 Replies

Hi there @MirekRez

thanks for reaching out !

Please follow the relevant instructions for your payment method type given on this support page.

Make sure to also read what's written at the end of the relevant section in case none of the steps had helped.

Keep me posted 🙂

Hi OneByBoo,
thanks for quick reply. I did already tried all the steps there related to
credit card. Not only for recurring payments which is my case (and which
were working in the past month with the same card) but also for the first
time payments.
And as mentioned checked also with my bank which confirmed there is
supposedly nothing wrong with the card/account. That's why I am trying to
reach directly here as I haven't found any direct contact. Although I don't
think this is a "community" issue..

Any possible check on your/Spotify side?
Thanks.

Hi @MirekRez

thanks for your answer !

There's another thing i'd like you to try.

Please try and update your payment method while using a different browser from which you're using at the moment.

Using incognito page on the new browser might help as well.

Furthermore, if you're getting any error message while doing so, please add a screenshot of what you see on your end.

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

Hi,

just tried as you recommended but w/o a success.

Still same error about not being possible to pay/update payment details.

This time using inPrivate window of Microsoft Edge. Previously used Chrome (including incognito window).

Best, Mirek

2020-05-27 22_39_09-Microsoft Edge.png

Hey, I'm having the exact same problem as of this morning. Tried all of the above, and even got my PayPal charged, but am still seeing the error message.

I’m also having this exact problem!

Did you manage to resolve this?

Hi all,

Since updating the payment details doesn't seem to work, the next suggested option is for you to cancel your subscription, wait until the account reverts back to Free and then try to resubscribe again.

Keep me posted 🙂

Not yet. Trying now and this time I got "endless" page loading after another update trial..So I had to refresh to start again. Well, and having the same endless loading page again.
Now I am wondering if that is another problem common for more users or just for me..
Ah...

Hi all,

I can't seem to understand if you've already tried cancelling your subscription.

I would like to add that it's totally fine if you cancel as you won't lose any of your music 

Keep me posted 🙂

Hi, I just tried and still does not work unfortunately. I did not cancel on my own as it was canceled automatically after the many failed attempts...Though I believe there is no difference in that..

Well, after repetitive attempts w/o success I called to my bank also repeatedly to get some sort of answer. Spotify does not support 3D Secure payment method and therefore my card/transaction is blocked from security reason. They were not able to explain why only now as it was working before.

Does someone knows if Spotify really does not use the 3D Secure payment method?

Thanks.

Hi @MirekRez,

Thank you for going through all the recommended troubleshooting steps and reaching out to your bank.

If your card doesn't allow transactions unless you go through 3D Secure, your bank should be able to change this for you.

Alternatively, we'd recommend trying a different payment method/card if that's possible.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Xenia,

thank you for looking into it as well.

Yes, my debit card/bank does apply this 3D secure step/check as mandatory to prevent some possible frauds. Indeed, they offer other options how to pay e.g. via prepaid cards. As that's what I did at the end.

Though what I saw in other posts in this community I am not the only one facing the "3D issue".

Yes, the mandatory use of this method in my bank is a bit harsh. Though it is also  a bit questionable why Spotify does not support this method..? Is it really an unique issue to just a fraction of your customers? If so, fair enough... 

Thank you.

I think Nigerians should forget about Spotify. I have been stranded with no music. There are plenty of alternatives.

Suggested posts