Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove ads from podcasts

Remove ads from podcasts

Plan: Premium

My Question or Issue :

We pay you in order to avoid advertising, but now podcasts are interrupted by ads regularly. Please stop this. Pass on subscription revenue to podcasters per play, whatever it takes.

5 Replies

Hey @HeathcliffeMcH, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Spotify doesn't play ads that interrupt the music listening experience of Premium subscribers, however, some podcasts may include advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship messages, which is why you may be hearing those advertisements. 

There is some more information on Podcasts here

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is not what the above post is referring to. When playing a podcast Spotify pauses the podcast and plays an add that is not at all part of the podcast (the video for JRE stops and the add plays before the video starts again). It has not been included by the makers of the podcast but put in by Spotify. There is either a serious problem your end or some sort of fraud (ad free premium?). You need to give a better answer than this generic answer I am seeing on all these posts, which categorically does not explain the adds put by Spotify in the middle of the content. 

Hi @Sirspammer

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Keep in mind that Spotify gives the podcast hosts the option to choose if they would like to have a dynamic ad slot in their podcast, but that isn't something Spotify can control - it's up to the individual podcast owners if they choose to have that type of ad in their content.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if anything else comes up.

Have a good one.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I pay for premium.

To allow dynamic ads is just fraud from your side when you say that "premium" is ad free.

This is not up to the podcast to choose since it's you who provide the service as an ad free subscription.

You need to get this sorted ASAP since this is a violation against what you claim to be an ad free service, or update your subscription options so people who want to get rid of ads can get that sorted!

I have the same problem, and this seems to be a thing with official (!) Spotify podcasts. Please give premium members an option to opt out of these ads. They can't even be skipped through my headphone control! Preposterous!

Suggested posts