Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove adverts from podcasts

Remove adverts from podcasts

Hi all,

It seems that adverts are sneaking in, I upgraded to premium to avoid the pesky things but now podcasters can have an unlimited amount of adverts in their podcasts..? 🤔😅

4 Replies

Hi there @jbettes

thanks for reaching out !

While Spotify doesn't play ads that interrupt the music listening experience of Premium subscribers, some podcast creators may include third-party advertising, host-read endorsements or sponsorship messages in their episodes.

Hope this sheds some light.

Let me know if you have further questions 🙂

This is no longer true. 😞

As a premium subscriber, I have just experienced Spotify pausing my podcast (mid sentence) and added a 33 second advert via their software to promote another podcast on their platform. In other words, the advert was not recorded as part of the episode.

As you can see in the below screenshot, the podcast that I was listening to changed from being Joe Rogan to "Braydon &" which is the name of the podcast which was being promoted for the 33 second period. 

After this advert finished playing spotify player resumed playing Joe Rogan.

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 10.53.01 am.png

Hi @djralex,

Thanks for your post.

We'd recommend you head over to this Idea Thread for more info on why this is happening. You can leave your +Vote and feedback there as well.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can understand that the podcaster needs a sponsor but as a person who pay for no adverts, this is so annoying. Spotify should ask for two versions of the podcast as mandatory: no-adverts version for premium clients and the one with for free users. This situation might be not legal at all since we are paying for something that you are not giving.

Suggested posts