Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Restoring premium that was changed to free due to missed recurring payment

Restoring premium that was changed to free due to missed recurring payment

For many many years I have paid for Spotify premium with a montly recurring Paypal payment of 4,99€. Now for some unknown reason the October payment had not gone through, although the recurring payment in Paypal is still active. As a result my Spotify plan changed to Free.

I have plenty of Paypal balance, but there is no way to manually make the missed payment in Paypal (I contacted the support there to no avail). 

Naturally, there is no longer the 4,99€ option available for new premium subscriptions, so there is no way for me to just restart the subscription from the Spotify side either.

What would be the best way forward to get my unexpectedly disrupted premium plan back? 

2 Replies

yeah i'm having a similar problem but interestingly not paypal, i was using american express autopay. i'm highly suspicious that our october payments not going through is no accident - but a strategy to boot us off the old 4.99 subscription we've had for years....

Hi folks,

Thank you for posting! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

Around August we notified users of the old Unlimited plan (for 4,99) that this subscription tier was going to be deprecated and that their accounts would be reverted to the free tier. 

We’re always testing out features to give our users the best listening experience. Since that subscription is no longer available, you can subscribe to a Premium plan here. As always, we really appreciate your feedback as we work on new ways to make Spotify better.

Hope this clears things up.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts