Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Credit card issued in one country but register for another one

Casual Listener

Seems like this is still not fixed 

Highlighted

Regular

OFC not this is spotify we're talking about.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yeah, gave up on spotify a long time ago... Long live TIDAL!!!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

plus one here.

I am based in Switzerland.

I could pay Spotify through Revolut for quite a long time, but about a month ago I started getting emails from Spotify saying that my payment did not go through. The problem is that they just stopped trying, since the BIN code on my card (4350 4496) says that the issuing country is UK. Can be checked here: https://binlist.net/

What a joke. No spotify for me until they fix this. I hope they lose lots of customers through this.

Highlighted

Visitor

Also from Switzerland and Revolut doesn't work with Spotify since June even though it did for months. I was about to upgrade to the Couple account but I guess it will wait until this is fixed and Spotify has just about a week for that since we are going on a family vacation and I'm not driving 6h without music. 

Highlighted

Regular

Its been two years i can assume it's not going to get fixed lol.

Highlighted

Hey all,

Thanks for coming to the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

With Revolut you can usually choose the issued country of your card and if it doesn't match the country your account is registered in the payment cannot be processed.

We've noticed that sometimes the issued country gets changed by Revolut (even if it was originally set correctly), so it's best to get in touch with them to confirm the issued country of your card.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi Xenia,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ultimately, I think it is Spotify who has to fix this. Customers who want to give you their money should be able to decide how they want to give it to you. As long as it is not something exotic or cash... it is still credit/debit cards we are talking about.

The fact that that I pay all my subscriptions and bills with Revolut and Spotify seams to be the only service having an issue with that supports that opinion by the way.

Please, dear Spotify, take our money!

Highlighted

Regular

No it does not help, at all. It is up to Spotify to fix this and the only reason you don't is to play around with the pricing from country to country.

Ken
Highlighted

Casual Listener
That is pure bull.

Revolute does _not_ give me the choice of where the card is issued.

I get a card issued in the UK. Not from CH.

This is ridiculous. I am not even sure why I waste my time to even argue about it.
SUGGESTED POSTS