Revolut payment

Solved!

Re: Revolut payment - Status changed to: Need more info

btudor84

HBOGO  has the same retarted system.

Re: Revolut payment

jan2015
Casual Listener

Adding my comment to this topic to bring it up again! It's still a problem... :)

(Even though I can "save" around 0.50 per month by paying in GBP instead of CHF by Revolut...)

Stephfh
Casual Listener

July 2019 and it's still an issue.

Can you please change your payment process to listen to card owner instead of bank location already? 

Spotify is the only subscription I can't pay for using my Revolut card, just because I'm in Germany and my card was issued in Great Britain.

jan2015
Casual Listener

Solution: Change your "Location" in Spotify to Great Britain. With the Interbank Exchange it's even cheaper than if I would pay directly in CHF :)

So far, this worked for me - although it's not the greatest solution, I know...

REVOLUTREVOLUT
Visitor

Very frustrating not to be able to pay with Revolut VISA. I am in Romania and am using this card for all my subscriptions, i have spoken with a friend recently who has Revolut Mastercard and she can pay from Romania using that card, how is that possible?

Solution!

Stephfh
Casual Listener

I made it work now by adding a virtual card (not the disposable kind obviously as you need it to work more than once) to my Revolut account and giving Spotify the number of the new virtual card. Virtual cards are just like another card connected to your Revolut bank account, you just don't get a physical card with it, so you're paying for Spotify with your Revolut account, you're just using a different card number. 

Up until recently Revolut credit card numbers where coded to have been issued in the UK (where Revolut's headquarted), now they changed it in way that newly created card numbers are recognised as issued in the account owner's country. 

Romain10
Casual Listener

Nice catch, I think it will resolve the issue.

Lush23
Visitor

SOLVED (atleast for myself)

So i looked through the threads. As i had the same issue. Revolut user, from Romania. 

Thing is, my Virtual card was a VISA, and had the same error like everyone else. I deleted the virtual card (i was lucky enough not to use it for any other payments), and created a new one. This new generated one, was a Mastercard. Now i set this account for payment, and had no issues with it. 

Hope this might help other users. Best of luck

Kenrizzo78
Regular

Tried the latest suggested solution: created another Virtual Revolut card (no need to delete the older virtual one). The new one created for me was also a VISA however not MASTERCARD. Anyway keeping fingers crossed I tried changing the Spotify payment details to this new Virtual card (without going through Paypal of course) and keeping to my real country (Malta) - IT WORKED! Spotify accepted it with the previous BS excuse that my account was Malta but card UK.

So yeah as someone said above the new Virtual cards work, even if they are Visa. 🤔 could be cause I crossed my fingers while creating it I guess!🤪😅

Ken
SUGGESTED POSTS