Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Russian Pricing Terms and account migration

Russian Pricing Terms and account migration

Hey there! I've been using Spotify for a couple years now. Though i live in Moscow, Russia, where Spotify doesnt officially represented at the moment, i managed to pay for my Premium via my friend's american credit card and install Spotify on my phone via american apple ID.

As I heard, Spotify will officially start Russian expansion in a couple weeks, and it's awesome, but i have one question.

Currently i pay $10/month for my Premium. But the pricing for russian users will be something around ~150₽ (~$3).

So the question is — will i be able to pay for my Premium on terms of russian region. Or should i create new account and lost all my recommendations 😞

3 Replies

Hey @Vlad1990, help's arrived!

Are you using Spotify through a VPN? 

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, @billy-j. No, i don't need to. Once i downloaded the app on my phone via american apple id, i never had to use VPN to listen to music, it works just like that.

Hey @Vlad1990,

Thanks for getting back to us.

To answer your question, while we can't confirm if and when Spotify will be released in Russia, the price of Premium is different and varies according to where you live. 

If Spotify comes to your country, you won't have to create a new account - you will just have to use a local (Russian) payment method when paying for Premium.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any other questions 😉

Suggested posts