Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Same plan but different music on different countries ?!

Solved!

Same plan but different music on different countries ?!

Problem #1

I have Spotify Premium and I live in Greece.

I pay 6.99€ / month

I have a friend who has Spotify Premium as well but lives in Germany.

They pay 9.99€ / month.

Why is that ? 

Why do you charge people in different countries different prices for the same plan ?

Problem #2

I don't have access to the same music my friend who lives in Germany has even though we pay for the same plan (Premium).

For example, he has access to all Paul McCartney albums whereas I don't have access to a couple of them.

This is unacceptable. If I pay for a Premimum plan I expect to have access to all music available on Spotify that all other users on the same plan have access to, regardless of where I may be living on the planet.

And if this is not possible then the fact that you don't let your users know about this "small" detail is unethical

Regards,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @nimasan,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

1. Spotify sets their pricing in each market at the level that they believe is fair for consumers, rights holders, and Spotify, while remaining a low-margin business. If you open the Premium page in a different country, it’s possible that you'll see a higher or lower price.

Once you choose the correct payment method, the price will be automatically updated to reflect the correct price for the market.

2. Spotify wants to have all the world’s music and podcasts on their platform, but availability can vary over time and between countries for many types of reasons depending on the permissions from rights holders.

The good news is: Spotify adds new music and podcasts every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @nimasan,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

1. Spotify sets their pricing in each market at the level that they believe is fair for consumers, rights holders, and Spotify, while remaining a low-margin business. If you open the Premium page in a different country, it’s possible that you'll see a higher or lower price.

Once you choose the correct payment method, the price will be automatically updated to reflect the correct price for the market.

2. Spotify wants to have all the world’s music and podcasts on their platform, but availability can vary over time and between countries for many types of reasons depending on the permissions from rights holders.

The good news is: Spotify adds new music and podcasts every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for clarifying Maxim.

I was under the impression that all music that is available on Spotify is available for all paying customers.

This is not the case and this is obviously unacceptable and I will be cancelling my subscription.

I'd rather go back to using Youtube for free where way more music is available.

Regards,

Suggested posts