Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung 6 month free premium not available

Solved!

Samsung 6 month free premium not available

Hi, I recently purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with a free 6 month trial of Spotify Premium.  The trial was supposed to show up under the "Premium" tab of the app on the device, but it has not shown up.  Any suggestions?  The Youtube free premium trial worked fine.

Running Android 10.  Never had Spotify of any kind before.  I tried reinstalling the app.  Thanks.

Top Answer
Novy

Hey folks, 

Apologies for any confusion. 

Keep in mind that the Terms and Conditions for the offer have to remain accessible to all users who acquired it. However, this doesn't mean that the offer is still active, as this one expired on March 6th 2021

We understand where you're coming from and will make sure to pass your feedback on to the right folks. 

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us.

Cheers.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

UPDATE:  The Spotify app updated this morning and the Samsung 6-month trial is now working.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

I'm having the exact same issue.  Never had spotify before, and have a new S20 FE.  Their webpage and order emails both said it included a 6 month trial.

Marked as solution

UPDATE:  The Spotify app updated this morning and the Samsung 6-month trial is now working.

I am having this issue as well and my app is updated

Hey @Ccruz22 and @mvmorr01,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

When you start the app on a device that is eligible for offer, you should be able to click on the Premium tab. You will then see the 6 months Premium free offer and have to click on "Get Premium". The in-app web checkout will show and  prompt you to enter your payment details and click "Start My Spotify Premium". If all is successful you'll get a confirmation displayed. Keep in mind that in order for this to work you need to have the latest version of the app installed. A clean reinstall ensures this, plus has the added advantage that any damaged files get removed. 

If you went through the steps above and still don't see your Premium features, it's useful to log out and back in two times in a row. This starts a resynch with our servers.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Mine started working around 10/8 when the app updated.  Thanks!

I'm having the same issue and this solution isn't working.
I have updated the app, logged in twice, and I'm still not seeing the 6 month option in 6 months. My emails for Samsung and Spotify are the same. I've had a spotify account before this. Does that change the way spotify links this 6 months free option?

Hey there @TiffJohn,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you try running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps? This will ensure you're running the latest version.

Also, try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in.

Keep in mind that this offer is only for users who haven't had Premium before, even if it was on a different account.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

None of this works. This is ridiculous, apparently this same issue just keeps going on without resolution. All requirements for this 6 month trial are met (link below still shows this as active), latest version in Google store same as on my S10, Samsung One UI 3.0 Android 11 - 8.6.12.986.

Spotify is probably doing this deliberately. 

Link shows this as active: https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/samsung-new-6-months-free-trial-terms-and-conditions/

Hey @AC2021

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

We're afraid that this offer is no longer available, as it expired on March 6th 2021. We're sorry for any inconvenience. You can take a look at our different types of subscriptions and offers here.

We hope this clears things up. If you need a hand with anything else, we'll be right here.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This Link of yours shows this as active. If it isn't, then the link should have been updated accordingly, rather than creating these issues, don't you think: https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/samsung-new-6-months-free-trial-terms-and-conditions/

Hi @AC2021

Thanks for your quick reply.

Just to clarify, the previous link describes the terms and conditions that applied for that offer. The information there is still valid and important for those who acquired it. For this reason the link is still accessible.

You can confirm the date until when the offer was available in the Samsung site here

We're sorry for any misunderstanding. If you need help with anything else, give us a shout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

That link is from Spotify site, thus under its control.  Being under Spotify's control it should be up to date with information material to the offer.  Examples of such material facts are active dates/expiration date and should be displayed prominently right at the top -- if good Customer Service is relevant to Spotify.  Otherwise information is displayed as current/active offer.

Hello, 

To help you understand the issue, before you will attempt to be helpful in resolving it:

Below is a link to a Legal document on Spotify domain.  
That document outlines the terms of the offer in question.  
As there is no mention of offer having expired, that Legal documents represents the offer as current.  
All other conditions to qualify for that offer are met on my end.

With those facts in mind, tell me exactly what precludes this offer from being honored in this particular case.

Hi again @AC2021,

Thanks for your reply.

As @Eni mentioned before, the link you're sharing is for the terms and conditions of this offer, which must remain accessible to all users who acquired the offer. Even though it doesn't specify the expiration date of the offer, it doesn't mean that it is still valid. We're informing you that the offer expired on March 6th 2021, and we're afraid it's not possible to get it anymore.

We understand the confusion and your concerns, and we'll make sure to pass them on to the right team.

We'll be right here in case you need anything else.

Take care.

CarlosEModerator

Hey folks, 

Apologies for any confusion. 

Keep in mind that the Terms and Conditions for the offer have to remain accessible to all users who acquired it. However, this doesn't mean that the offer is still active, as this one expired on March 6th 2021

We understand where you're coming from and will make sure to pass your feedback on to the right folks. 

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us.

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts