Announcements

Samsung 6 month free premium not available

Solved!

Samsung 6 month free premium not available

Casual Listener

Hi, I recently purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with a free 6 month trial of Spotify Premium.  The trial was supposed to show up under the "Premium" tab of the app on the device, but it has not shown up.  Any suggestions?  The Youtube free premium trial worked fine.

Running Android 10.  Never had Spotify of any kind before.  I tried reinstalling the app.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Samsung 6 month free premium not available

Casual Listener

UPDATE:  The Spotify app updated this morning and the Samsung 6-month trial is now working.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Casual Listener

I'm having the exact same issue.  Never had spotify before, and have a new S20 FE.  Their webpage and order emails both said it included a 6 month trial.

Solution!

Casual Listener

UPDATE:  The Spotify app updated this morning and the Samsung 6-month trial is now working.

View solution in original post

Visitor
I am having this issue as well and my app is updated

Hey @Ccruz22 and @mvmorr01,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

When you start the app on a device that is eligible for offer, you should be able to click on the Premium tab. You will then see the 6 months Premium free offer and have to click on "Get Premium". The in-app web checkout will show and  prompt you to enter your payment details and click "Start My Spotify Premium". If all is successful you'll get a confirmation displayed. Keep in mind that in order for this to work you need to have the latest version of the app installed. A clean reinstall ensures this, plus has the added advantage that any damaged files get removed. 

If you went through the steps above and still don't see your Premium features, it's useful to log out and back in two times in a row. This starts a resynch with our servers.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

Casual Listener

Mine started working around 10/8 when the app updated.  Thanks!

Visitor
I'm having the same issue and this solution isn't working.
I have updated the app, logged in twice, and I'm still not seeing the 6 month option in 6 months. My emails for Samsung and Spotify are the same. I've had a spotify account before this. Does that change the way spotify links this 6 months free option?

Hey there @TiffJohn,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you try running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps? This will ensure you're running the latest version.

Also, try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in.

Keep in mind that this offer is only for users who haven't had Premium before, even if it was on a different account.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS