Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Says I need Premium when I already have it

Says I need Premium when I already have it

I have been listening on my Yamaha receiver for months and all of a sudden, the Spotify client on Ubuntu won't connect and the receiver says Need Premium.  My subscription is up to date, I've tried all the things suggested on the web, reinstalled the client, and nada.  This is very annoying

11 Replies

Hi there,

Me too.
All the time it was working without problems and when i tried it today I got the same error message

Andreas

I'm having the same issu. Im also having a yamaha receiver telling me to get premium but i've got a family premium subscription already which have been working until now. Waiting impatiantly on a solution!

I have the same issue!

Hi Pete,

make a firmware-update to the receiver and it will work again.

Andree

Yamaha doesn't have an update listed for my receiver, which is model R-N301.  And since it has been working, I would assume it's something that Spotify did to make it not work.  In any event, this lack of customer support is really annoying and I will be canceling my subscription very soon if this doesn't get resolved.

Same thing is happening to me I'm up to date with my payment but it keeps telling me that I'm not a premium customer please somebody help me?

Spotify has made some server upgrades. Some receivers will need a firmware update to work again and get the latest version of Spotify.

Check out this page for the latest information on Spotify for receivers:

https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/why-cant-i-use-the-spotify-app-on-my-speake...

The way to listen to Spotify with some speakers and sound systems is changing.

If you have a speaker from one of the following brands, click for more information.

You can also check out other ways to listen on your speaker.

We're updating Spotify on the below models of Yamaha speakers. 

To ensure you're rocking the latest version and can use Spotify Connect, update your speaker's firmware.

Check the manufacturer's guide for details.

RX-V475, RX-V575, RX-V675, RX-V775, RX-A730, RX-A830, RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030, RX-S600, CX-A5000, HTR-4066, HTR-5066, HTR-6066, HTR-7066, RX-V1075, RX-V2075, RX-V3075, RX-S600D, RX-V500D, TSR-6750, RX-V477, RX-V577, RX-V677, RX-V777, RX-A740, RX-A840, RX-A1040, RX-A2040, RX-A3040, HTR-4067, HTR-5067, HTR-6067, RX-V1077, RX-V2077, RX-V3077, TSR-5770, R-N500, CD-N301, R-N301, CRX-N560, CRX-N560D.

You can also check out other ways to listen on your speaker.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's all very interesting, but it doesn't change the fact that Yahama doesn't list a firmware update available for my receiver, R-N301.  I specifically bought this receiver to work with Spotify, and now it doesn't.  

I would suggest contacting Yamaha. They might still be working on a future firmware update or they might be able to provide more information.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Yamaha told me to download new firmware directly from the receiver.  With a few magic button pushes, this worked and Spotify works again.  Let's hope any future incompatible upgrades go a little smoother.

Glad to hear you got it working

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts