Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing playlist premium vs free

Sharing playlist premium vs free

Hi, 

I have Spotify Premium and share a playlist with my friend who uses the free version. She can add songs ok but she cannot open the list nor can she listen to it. 

Is this because she isn’t paying ? 

I’m in the UK, using iPhone 11Pro with the latest software update. She is in Germany, also using iPhone 11Pro with the latest software update. 

I saw online that yes, she can add songs but I couldn’t find anything about free users listening to a shared list. 

I know some songs aren’t available in some countries but she should still be able to open the list and play the songs that are. 

Grateful for any advice please. Thank you 🙏🏼 

3 Replies

Hey @LilMissBritain ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Free users have no Listening on Demand, only Shuffle Play. This means that your friend, who's using Spotify Free, cannot choose to play a specific song or see the all tracks on mobile.

They can, however, check the full list of songs from either the web player or the Desktop app. 🙂

Also, Spotify is aware of an issue that Free users are unable to view the list of tracks on playlists, you can check it out here.

Hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, sorry for not reacting earlier. I've never received an email to say there's been a response and only just checked the website forum now. Thanks a lot for coming back to me on this and link with further information. Much appreciated !! 🙂

Hi again, I just wanted to say, it's working now for my friend so thank you so much for your advice 🙂 Much appreciated !

Suggested posts