Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle play in offline not working

Shuffle play in offline not working

Plan

Premium with Hulu

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Note 8

Android

My Question or Issue

I have the Spotify premium with Hulu plan and recently I have had trouble with shuffle play in offline mode. When I press shuffle play it will say "You have discovered a premium feature!" and won't play. I have to briefly turn off offline in order to get it to play, and even then it will only play a few songs before stopping. I have tried logging out and logging back in, uninstalling and reinstalling, logging in with my username and nothing has worked. My account is current so I essentially have no idea what the problem is. 

1 Reply

Hey @darthrevan 

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

If you see a random number, that's your actual Spotify username, which was assigned automatically to you when you created your account through Facebook. If you see it in your receipt, you need to use the Log In with Facebook button.

Hope it helps. : )

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts