Premium

Country

Currently India

Device

MSI GS70 20D [Windows]  and Nokia 6.1 [Android]

Operating System

Windows 8 and Android 9

Issue

A brief background about me, been a 4-year user of Spotify now. First got Spotify in my first country of residence - Indonesia. I was tired of doing piracy or the whole downloading thing, decided to go legitimate and picked Spotify.

Not only did Spotify make it a seamless experience, but it single-handedly revolutionized my music life. Helped me find music that I enjoy, really incorporate music into my daily life. Massively helped me in my brief endeavor to become a DJ and it was one of my secrets XD.

I first started my trial on Thu, Apr 7, 2016, 10:17 PM and brought Premium on 

Tue, Jul 26, 2016, 3:56 AM {Whilst I lived in Indonesia}

When I had to move to India, right after the plane landed I tried to get Spotify but quickly found that Spotify was still unavailable in India. Had to slip back to doing shady stuff, to get Spotify working and after a lot of breaking my head - I GOT SPOTIFY TO WORK FOR ME both on PC and Phone. 

Finally, Spotify became available in India and I was very happy. Even though I could get Spotify to work for me, for free - I wanted to pay the subscription, the only subscription that  I find worth paying.

So on February 27, 2019, I changed from Spotify Indonesia to Spotify India.

ALL WAS WELL UNTIL I FOUND,

That some of the tracks I really loved were now unplayable, most of my favorites are

unavailable on spotify India.

Now I have Spotify open on one side and another streaming service side by side, switching between them back and forth.

I felt like switching to the other service but Spotify is like home to me, and very weirdly it seems that I will go through the pain and hassle to stay loyal to Spotify.

Would ask you to please do something about it, provide a temporary fix that circumvents the issue, from the provider side. [ Hint: Redirect origin of the request by hopping? that's one idea]

Until we are unrestricted, SERIOUSLY - MUSIC IS UNAVAILABLE IN A COUNTRY. MUSIC. It's MUSIC NOT SOME SHADY PROPAGANDA OR SOMETHING.

Would turn away a lot of users and new users alike, that are unable to find a particular song in a service that is paid, whereas the same thing could be found in a free service with zero hassle.

Just my Two Cents,

VISHNU PRAKASH

1 Reply

Re: Some Music unavailable in Spotify India

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hey @Dj_Vishnu,

Thanks for posting in the Community, I hope you're doing great. 

Music availability depends on the artist/label, not Spotify.

Spotify would love to have all the world's music available, however, some artists or tracks aren't currently available.

I'd recommend reading this article for more info.

Have a great day :)

BruneliciaRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS