Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone broke into my account and changed my subscription plan without my knowledge

Someone broke into my account and changed my subscription plan without my knowledge

I made a message regarding the account a few days ago, though I'm thankful for the response, I just noticed that the person, who broke into my account (who hopefully doesn't have the access to it anymore) likely changed my subscription plan from regular premium to family premium, probably so that they could use it while I'm active. I changed the plan back to premium, but unfortunately I noticed this a bit too late, since the extra price was already paid through paypal. 

I would really appreciate if I could get a refund for the extra fee (it should be around 3€), since I wouldn't normally make much use of it and having to pay extra just because somebody somehow managed to break into my account is really annoying, so I hope that this isn't going to happen again.

Thank you again in advance for any responses and have a nice day.

Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device

(PC, Smartphone)

Operating System

(AndroidWindows 10)

3 Replies

Hey @Vokrad227,

Please check out this support article about Spotify's Refund policy: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/managing_payments/refund-policy/.

Thanks.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Maxim wrote:

Hey @Vokrad227,

Please check out this support article about Spotify's Refund policy: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/managing_payments/refund-policy/.

Thanks.

Thank you for the reply, but we still feel we should be able to make a refund. While yes, the purchase was made in late december (at least according to Spotify), but

we can't really check every single bank/paypal account every other day in case of an event like this (which never happened to us before) but more importantly, the change was made by someone who had no reason to be able to do that. It doesn't really matter, if this was caused by the lack of security on Spotify or any other service, The change of sub plan was not intended and the features we got from the family plan were not utilized by us in any way. Honestly I don't really care that much about the 3€ difference, for as long as this isn't going to happen again, but it really bothers the rest of my family in principle. 

So again, it's not really fine if we have to pay extra for feature we never used or intended to use first and foremost if we are forced to do so because some service didn't work as intended.

I don't want to come off as angry or rude, but we would really appreciate if this issue could be dealt with.

Thanks in advance for any responses and have a nice day.

Not to worry. If you just go through the link here, you'll find means of getting in touch with the right folks and they'll be able to help you out with your payment. 

On another note, make sure to go through the steps here to make sure your account is secured.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts