Plan

Free

United States of America

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System

iOS 15.4.1

My Question or Issue

Hi! So, I’ve been planning on purchasing this free 3 month subscription for Spotify, but I wanted to drag it out as long as possible hence why I’m attempting today. Or should I say attempted. When I attempted to do so, it displayed the error message “Something went wrong. Please try again”. This was yesterday. I thought, “Hey! Maybe it’s just not working currently” so I waited a day. It still isn’t working. I’ve researched this issue a tad bit, and I’ve discovered a lot of people have had this problem, but practically no one has found a solution to it. And yes, my card is valid. Yes, I’ve checked the troubleshooting site. Yes, I’ve tried different devices. Yes, I’ve tried different pay methods. Yes, I’ve tried different browsers including incognito. Yes, like I’ve mentioned before - I’ve waited. And my plan is free so there shouldn’t be a problem with re-subscription considering this is my first purchase with Spotify (wanted to try it out and thought the free 3 month would be a good idea to do so). Can anyone help? Not to put pressure, but considering the 3 month deal ends in a few hours… yeah. Not quite flexible with time at the moment.

3 Replies

Hi there @Jarken,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We're sorry that you haven't been able to take part of the offer. We just came across this thread.

You've done an amazing job with the troubleshooting so far!

Would you mind letting us know if you ever purchased a Spotify subscription with the card on a different account for an example a family member etc..?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Have a great continued weekend!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey! Thank you, and I hope you’re having a good weekend as well! But no, I haven’t made any purchases related to Spotify whatsoever - this would’ve been my first. Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Hey there @Jarken,

Thanks for the reply.

This is very odd, but the only other reason for getting this error I can think of is that the offer was already expired when you tried to redeem it. The 3-months offer ended on May 19th.

Sorry to hear that you couldn't benefit from the promotion. In the future it's best to redeem such offers at least a few days before the end date to avoid similar issues.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts