Plan

Student

Country

Brazil

Device

Galaxy Note 8

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone, I've been trying to renew my student plan for weeks now, without success. At one point, for no reason, I received the notification that spotify couldn't verify my payment. Now I've tried changing the payment for weeks, but nothing seems to work. I've tried different browsers, different computers, different networks, on wifi and through 4g, on the mobile app and on the website, with 3 different credit cards. Nothing works. Can someone please help?

17 Replies

Hi @lucianthomaz!

Sorry to hear you’re having some trouble paying for Premium at the moment. I’d recommend checking out this article for payment troubleshooting steps.

There’s also some specific subscription-related troubleshooting over at our Spotify Answers board.

Hope this helps! Make sure to reply if that doesn't work, I'll be here to help.

Cheers, Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @lucianthomaz, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll do our best to help out.

Does the issue persist if you cancel your current subscription here and then resubscribe with a new payment method?

Also, make sure your card meets the requirements listed here. If you're unsure, you can reach out to your bank for more info.

Hope that helps 🙂

Hi Sergio, thank you for the reply.

I've just tried to subscribe again, but with no success. I'm currently on the free plan, as my subscription have already expired. I just tried subscribing using the both the university discount plan and the basic normal plan, but none of them worked. I've tried with two different credit cards that meet the requirements and I use daily in other places. I have no ideia what else I can do. Only creating another account using a different email maybe, but I'd rather keep my account as it is, if possible.

Hi  Jose_M, thank you for the replay. I've tried those solutions, but with no luck.

Hey @lucianthomaz.

Thanks for getting back in touch.

In this case, it'd be best to try signing up for a new account here and seeing if you have any trouble subscribing to Premium.

If you're successfully able to sign up to Premium, reach out to us here with your account info so we can help you out with transferring your tunes over.

Hope that helps.

I'm also facing the same problem. I want to keep my old account with my old email ID. Its shame that Spotify couldn't solve your issue even after many days. Many people faced this issue but they didn't come out with a stable solution.

Hello there!

I'll be here to help you out. First of all, it would be great if you could provide me with some more info about what's going on. Can you let me know which plan are you trying to subscribe to? Also, which country are you from? It might also be a good idea to send a screenshot of any error messages you get, just make sure that you don't include any personal information in the screenshot. 

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thanks Jose,

I'm from India Trying to subscribe to basic monthly plan which is Rupees 119 in India.

I'm getting Something went wrong error. I had subscription last month but my I had to remove my subscription due to some reason and I tried again the same day subscribe again. Note: I have tried with 2 cards which works absolutely fine and are from a major bank. I have tried in 4 browsers after clearing cache data but nothing works.

Spotify.png

Hello @akashx10,

Currently, the problem you explained to me is an Ongoing Issue that Spotify is looking into. Make sure to add your +VOTE and comments here. Hopefully Spotify can solve it as soon as possible 🙂

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thanks @Jose_M,

But I don't think they are capable of solving this issue as this not a big issue. If it is known it should've been resolved by now as this is business critical. Any small IT company can solve this kind of issue within a day but I think Spotify has gone lazy and there management sucks. Which keeps hiding important suggestions and issues so that they don't have to work.

Hello @akashx10!

Rest assured that Spotify is working hard in order to solve this issue as soon as possible. I will make sure to let you know when this issue is solved.

Have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hey @jose_M,
It has been 3 weeks but its still not fixed. you said as soon as possible in your last reply.

Hello @akashx10,

I've got some good news. It looks like this issue should now be fixed, as you can see here.

Keep in mind that the funds from any charges that were refunded should show up within the next working days and you'll need to resubscribe again.

Further, when subscribing, I'd recommend checking this support site article to make sure your payment card is accepted.

Hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

I've got some bad news, I have the exact same problem but in Finland. I am a former subscriber and I decided to re-subscribe as there is an offer for old subscribers right now which includes 3 months of premium for 9,99 euros which is the normal price for a month of premium here. My card is an official big bank card in Finland, all the troubleshooting lists are useless as I have a problem with none of the issues stated. I have tried multiple devices and browsers and I have tried for DAYS over and over again and I am getting so frustrated. The offer states that it is only for former subscribers that had their subscriptions expire before April 14th and mine ended in March if I remember correctly but I am like 98% sure it was before April 14th. Could you please try to fix this somehow as I would like to have Premium for the summer and the offer ends next month. Thank you

Hello @maibbi,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you make sure you're trying to purchase the offer with the account that you previously subscribed with? You can check out your previous subscriptions in your receipt page. If you are sure that you're using the right account, it would be great if you could send a screenshot of any error messages you get.

Keep me posted!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Good afternoon,

I too am having exactly this same problem. I received the same message as the screenshot and am unable to find a solution.

I'm having the same issue. My old card is inactive and I'm trying to update my payment details but I can't. This is ridiculous. Spotify is going to lose customers because we literally can't subscribe.

Suggested posts