Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs are not playing

Songs are not playing

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy J5

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I was on a holiday for 2 weeks and about 90% of my downloaded music didn't work. I tried downloading it again a few times, but nothing seemed to work. The songs do work when I'm online, but not when I'm offline (which was the whole trip). I'm leaving for another thing in a few days and I'll have to be offline for 3 weeks again then. Is there any solution to this or any reason why my songs aren't working anymore?

1 Reply

Hi Marie,

If the download-arrow next to the songs you've downloaded is gray, are you sure you have enough memory storage on the device where you're trying to use Premium?

You can find some info on how to manage memory usage  here for different devices.

If the download-arrow next to the songs you've downloaded is green, try switching on Offline Mode then play the downloaded songs. Select your device to find out how. Does it work like that?

If you still can't play your downloaded music offline after these attempts, could you please try logging in your account with a different device and see whether you can play your downloaded music like that? This will help determine whether the issue stems from the device or your account.

Lastly, make sure your account has been online at least once within the last 30 days when you try to play downloaded music offline (specifying this since you seem to be travelling quite frequently).

Hope you find these suggestions helpful, keep us posted 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts