Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs stop playing after 4-5 seconds

Songs stop playing after 4-5 seconds

When I start to play a song it stops after 4-5 seconds

I can't even start my own playlist

I tried to log out then back, but it didn't work.

(win10)

7 Replies

Hey @AwwCookies! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

Have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Hi, I've got the same problem and reinstalling the app did not help.

Hello,

I am really sorry to hear that. Could you please try the @user-removed 's solution which is mentioned in this topic?

It's few years old, but it might be useful for you.

Let me know how it works 🙂

Thanks for trying to help but sadly it didn't work. Spotify works perfectly fine on my phone, which feels very strange. Reinstalling the app did not help either. Coincidentally, the radio function does not work. Must be related.

Hey!

Thanks, reinstall worked! 🙂

Hey @TheSIROOS,

Can you try restarting your device and clearing the cache/data on the Spotify app, sometimes that can help.

Happy Listening,

Jack 🙂

In my case almost any song stopped playing after 5 seconds, except a few that maybe where saved on my computer in the past.

I tried reinstalling Spotify, checking the hosts file (C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts), which was in blank, clearing the DNS cache (ipconfig /flushdns) and nothing worked.

Finally I realized that the “problem” was an anti-malware function of my VPN service. If I disable that function I’m able to listen music while I’m connected through my VPN service.

Now I’m guessing which data does Spotify collect and where send it in order that the anti-malware function isn’t compatible with the Spotify service.

Suggested posts