Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing after an ad

We've received reports that Spotify pauses after an ad and the playback cannot be resumed. This seems to affect multiple platforms including desktop, mobile, and TV.

The behavior is currently being investigated.

Hey folks,

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
MihailY

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

@jyves-ca, does this happen with all commercials or only with specific ones? Is it possible to connect your Sonos device to a different network like a hotspot on your phone and check if the issue persists?

Let us know how it goes.

jyves-ca

Hi,
All commercial.
Not possible for me to test on and other network, I have 11 sonos devices on a very strong MESH network.

JYA

kritkat

I have been having the same issues for over a month....only when streaming spotify to my sonos...sound cuts out when spotify goes to commercial.  It is very annoying and it is required to pause and then restart playback several times in order to get the sound to come back.  Sometimes this does not even work and spotify must be exited completely.  This issue can be found reported on the Sonos community and it has been through troubleshooting and deemed an issue originating with Spotify.  
Spotify please fix this glitch  to Sonos devices!!!  

OscarDC

Hey folks, 

Thank you for keeping in contact and sharing the info.

To continue investigating this case, would you mind confirming if this happens when listening to music, podcasts, or both? Also, since the issue could be related to network restrictions, even if you're connected to a high-quality network, could you confirm if using a different Wi-Fi connection makes any difference? This will give us a better look at the issue. 

Lastly, check if there's any pending update on your Sonos to avoid any issues caused by an outdated version. 

We'll be on the lookout.

FernandoBurmeister

Ti Dian. Spotify version is 2023.05.08_2-6ad3d08 E.

Ser através 2 vídeos eu tb Spotify playing normaly with sound, and arder the error ocurred, muted.

FernandoBurmeister

see vídeos   oh my they are bigger then limit

FernandoBurmeister

Please send me an email address I could sendo vídeos, they are bigger then 5MB

FernandoBurmeister

I'm sorry my corrector is messing up with English typing 

pstll

This issue is related to this thread on the Sonos community site, they are looking at it from their end as well.  This is not isolated to any particular users configuration it is too wide spread.

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-and-music-services-229131/sonos-stops-playing-spotify-com...

AlejaR

Hey @FernandoBurmeister,

Thanks for your replies and for the info shared.

In this case, you can upload the video to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it. It'll help us understand what's exactly happening on your side.

On another note, we'd recommend checking if there are any pending updates for the TV's firmware.

Lastly, is this happening if you change the internet connection you're using? Is this happening over WiFi? Ethernet? Both? If possible, you can create a hotspot on your phone and connect your TV to it to see if you notice any difference. Give it a try, and let us know if changing the connection makes any difference.

Keep us in the loop!