Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotifiy premium cant renew

Solved!

Spotifiy premium cant renew

So i have the family plan, is it eligible for the google mini home and if not, why?

I tried swapping my payment to the single person spotify premium and i keep getting an error, how do i fix it

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @oananica, and @Dragondude1.

The Google Home Mini offer is only available if you're on regular Premium, and not for Premium for Family or Premium for Students. 

Also, your account needs to be on regular Premium before taking the offer. You'll be able to find your renewal date on the account page.

Also, please check out this help article on how to revert back to regular Premium, under 'Cancel or leave'. Whatever subscription status you might have, your login and music will always stay intact. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey @Dragondude1, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

For your first question, yes people that have Premium for Family can get a Google Home Mini, and there's more info here.

Can you try this using a different browser? If that doesn't help, please send me a screenshot of the error message being shown.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Screenshot_20190409-175936_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hi there,

I am also having this issue. I had the family premium account and tried to switch to premium for the google mini but now I am getting an error where i am not able to renew.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Hey @oananica, and @Dragondude1.

Are you guys trying to renew from the app or the browser?

Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

There is no option to do it on the android mobile app. I've tryed the browser today and yesterday but it heeps giving me the error shown in the screenshot

I agree with Dragondude. I have tried it from the browser and receive the same error. Currently my account is showing cancelled but I do want to keep my spotify.

Marked as solution

Hey @oananica, and @Dragondude1.

The Google Home Mini offer is only available if you're on regular Premium, and not for Premium for Family or Premium for Students. 

Also, your account needs to be on regular Premium before taking the offer. You'll be able to find your renewal date on the account page.

Also, please check out this help article on how to revert back to regular Premium, under 'Cancel or leave'. Whatever subscription status you might have, your login and music will always stay intact. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

I have exactly the same problem. I can't restart my subscription or begin a new one.  Always say to try again later. Can somebody help please.

I just waited a day and now i can renew it

Hey @Carnevil

If you're still having trouble, check out this Community thread for more info if you're located in Canada. 

@Dragondude1 - 

I'm very happy to hear that this has been fixed. If you need help with anything else, you can always start up a new thread and the community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts