Announcements

Spotify CD quality / HIFI / Lossless streaming 16bit 44.1khz

Highlighted

Spotify CD quality / HIFI / Lossless streaming 16bit 44.1khz

Casual Listener

I am testing Qobuz at the moment with CD quality comparing to HiRes, difficult to say if HiRes worth the price but coming back to Spotify 320Kbs quality is a real pain...

Is Spotify going to align to the market outsiders (Qobuz, Tidal, Deezer, etc..) and propose AT LEAST CD quality or will they carry on thinking that it is a niche market... considering that all these outsiders are no threat to their customer base?

My personal deadline is January 2019 , if no announcement, bye bye Spotify... I don't stay with an arrogant leader not listening to part of its customers and not properly reading market trends. I feel sorry for my wife and Children but they will have to adpat to a new streaming service.

I am joking, I know they won't have any problem switching to another streaming service...

19 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Spotify CD quality / HIFI / Lossless streaming 16bit 44.1khz

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @Cavazz, welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you'd like to see Spotify get HiFi quality lossless streaming, please go follow and support this idea on the Community: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Music-HiFi-Quality-Lossless-Streaming-16bit-44-1khz/idc-...

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. Happy Holidays 🙂

JacobRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I share your disappointment. I subscribed to Spotify as soon as the service got available in my country 4 years ago.

I do not know what Spotify is waiting to offer at least lossless streaming. The official statement on the post mentionned here below shows no sign that this request from many customers is taken seriously. 

I have tried Qobuz to get a clear confirmation of the difference betwen CD quality and 320kbps.

But Qobuz does not offer family subscriptions, and is not straightforward on some network streamers (Cambridge CXN).

So I am about to test Tidal, and if satisfied, it will be bye bye Spotify for me too...

Highlighted

Regular

Tidal hifi is nice, but i will return when spotify launches lossless

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Tidal does a mignific job with the Cambridge CXN ! To myself it's by by spotify !! it's a shame that Spotify does not take into account thousands of user's comments who wish to have a lossless straming service. I think they wont go that way as long as the other giant like Apple , Amazon and Google will not do so. I hate companies that just don't innovate! I really don't care about software enhancements, what count is SOUND QUALITY !!!!!

Now in suédois so they can read this comment LOL :

Tidal gör ett mignificerat jobb med Cambridge CXN! För mig själv är det genom att spotify !! Det är synd att Spotify inte tar hänsyn till tusentals användares kommentarer som vill ha en förlustfri stämningstjänst. Jag tror att de inte kommer att gå så länge som den andra jätten som Apple, Amazon och Google inte kommer att göra det. Jag hatar företag som bara inte innoverar! Jag bryr mig verkligen inte om programvaruförbättringar, vad räknas LJUDKVALITET !!!!!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

You're right: Tidal is perfect on a Cambridge CXN. And music sounds definitely better in lossless format. You have to be deaf not to hear it.

My playlists have been migrated from Spotify to Tidal using the free Soundiiz web app. I can leave with no second thoughts...

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Spotify should really enable lossless-streaming to their service, by this not at all happening I think in the end they will lose the game and ball to other services. I think their arrogant and negative attitude really shows how they underestimate this by giving that more of a joke reply to people asking for lossless-streaming. It was 5 years ago when this was asked and nothing has happened.

Now, surely they are still  leading the competition on the market, but once people actually start leaving it for real reasons (like the lack of lossless) they are soon heading towards the moment where other services go by it.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I could not agree more with you !!! Another think here is the fact that compress audio was good a few years ago, but now, since CD are almost history we need to have a streaming service that provides CD Quality and Hi Res possibilities (Tidal does) !
Highlighted

Regular

Spotify might think it’s too big to defeat. Just think of the next scenario: Apple offers lossless for the same price, and first (few) month(s) for free. Sounds to me as an effective strategy to become no. 1 in streaming music services. They want to move from hardware to services anyhow...

Highlighted

I did do +1 in voting for streaming in at least CD quality, but I am sceptical Spotify will listen. For a long time I stayed with my ISP because it had a free Spotify premium account (not family) included in the package. I am going to switch ISP and that means bye bye to Spotify premium for me. Besides, I have been a happy Qobuz customer for over a year now.

SUGGESTED POSTS