Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Duo + Sonos Beam = playing issue

Spotify Duo + Sonos Beam = playing issue

Hi there, 

My wife and I just recently got Spotify Premium Duo. We both have the Spotify and Sonos App on our phone. We added both Spotify accounts to the Sonos app.

The issue: when I’m listen to Spotify on my phone (via bluetooth headset in the office), if my wife starts playing Spotify via the Sonos Beam, my Spotify turns off?

From my understanding, because we have Spotify Duo, we should both be able to use Spotify at the same time. 

Thank you for the help. 

9 Replies

Hey, @S_Pilon 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing that kind of issue...

First of all, let me know how do you start the playback. Do you use the Sonos app or it is on Spotify app through Spotify Connect? 

Keep me posted!

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Même problème de notre côté...
Depuis l'application Spotify, nous pouvons chacun lancer de la musique. Mais depuis l'application Sonos ou depuis un système tiers (domotique Knx) ça ne fonctionne pas. La musique est lancée depuis le compte historique, même si les deux comptes sont inscrits dans le sonos.
Est-ce que vous une solution pour éviter ce problème ? Ou est-ce que vous comptez faire un vrai compte duo en supprimant la limite stupide qui empêche d'avoir deux sessions parallèles sans considération du profil.
Il y a un élément que vous n'avez pas pris en compte, une installation sonos est principalement utilisée dans des pièces communes avec un usage commun...

Merci

Hello @Wattokp,

Thanks for posting! We hope you don't mind us replying in English 🙂

It's possible to add multiple Spotify accounts to Sonos, but you'll always have to make sure you have the right account selected in the Sonos app before starting playback. We'd recommend checking out the Sonos Support page here for more info.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else you need help with.

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

And what do I do when I launch music from Google assistant or from my home automation installation (KNX)?

Hey @Wattokp,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

It should work similar with Google voice assistants - you'll just need to make sure that everyone's Spotify account is linked to the respective Google account. You can have a look at the Google Help Center here for the steps to link your accounts or check out their Community for more help.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with KNX Home Automation, but you can check all compatible devices here or visit the device manufacturer's website for further help.

Hope this info shines a bit of light on the situation. We'll be here if there's anything else you need help with.

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It only works from a smartphone. From a speaker in a common room, you can't change your account with each order...

Since the Knx, I have a plugin that is simplified to the essentials and that does not allow you to change the account.

Hey there @Wattokp, apologies for the delayed response, we just came across your reply.

Currently, Connect uses technology and protocols present on Smartphones and is developed with those devices as a primary focus. Not all functionality is present with all device types, so specific setups, such as your KNX might have some features missing.

We're however continuously improving Spotify to improve connectivity and support for as many devices and different usage scenarios as possible.

We hope this is relatable and will gladly assist with anything else you need help with.

Cheers!

The solution is simple... All that is required is that Duo allows two simultaneous sessions regardless of the account. As Netflix does...

Hello,

I am once again a victim of your ridiculous rule.

For the sonos, we had found a way to partially circumvent your problem, by launching the music from our phones and more from the home automation (the progress Spotify version).

Now we have a tesla in which we want to listen to streaming music.
3 possible choices:
1. I use my account. But if someone else uses the car, I have no more music, my session is already in use.
2. I use the Tesla account, but I don't have access to my music and custom playlists anymore.
3. I use the phone in bluetooth, but the quality is less good. And while I'm at it, I might as well try another music service!

So once again, please change this ridiculous rule and make the number of simultaneous sessions take into account only the type of subscription and not the user.

Thanks

Suggested posts