Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family - Father's android cannot play any songs

Spotify Family - Father's android cannot play any songs

Hi,

I pay for spotify family membership for my family. We are at the same address, and up until a few weeks ago he was able to play songs on his phone. He ahd to reset his phone and lost some of his playlists and now can't play any music. He has no other connectivity issues, able to stream fine, and he didn't have the playlists downloaded. He shows up as being part of my family subscription on my account, but on his account it just says spotify free.

He tried it on his kindle fire and the same problem of greyed out songs, so he can't play anything. 

Any advice? I have checked his phone is set to the right country and he cannot play any song on spotify. His account is fine on desktop, playlists are still partial, but he is able to play any song. 

1 Reply

Hello @UKfamilyaccount

Seems to me that when your father reset his phone, he accidentally created a new account instead of logging with his existing one. It's a common problem. Make sure he is using his main account. If you have trouble finding it, there is a step-by-step guide to help you here.

Happy listening 🙂

Suggested posts