Family

Country

USA

Device

Any

Operating System

Any

My Question or Issue

So I run a Spotify Family account, and I of course need to pay. I bought a $30 card from a local store, and it's how I initially paid for the Family plan. I go to use the code to add money to my account, and it won't go through. Any ideas why? I feel that it should work, especially if it's how I initially paid for the plan.

3 Replies

Hello @Nathan0319!

Thanks for coming to the Community. 

Unfortunately, Spotify Gift cards are not redeemable in conjunction with other discounts or promotions, such as Premium for Family, Premium for Students, or trial offers. You can find more info about this here. No worries though, you can find other payment methods to purchase your Premium subscription here.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm not so much worried about the fact that I can't pay Spotify at the moment, I'm more worried and upset about the fact that I apparently wasted $30 on a card I can't use now. And that I wasn't able to be informed beforehand.

Hey @Nathan0319!

If you use that gift card to purchase a standard Premium subscription here and then you switch to a Premium for Family plan here, your Premium time will be used as Premium for Family time.

Hope this makes sense.

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts