Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify India UPI Payment not showing for 12 months Plan

Spotify India UPI Payment not showing for 12 months Plan

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Pixel 3

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Recently Spotify was launched in India. I verified my Student status via SheerID. Now when I go to pay for the Premium it shows that UPI is available as an option. But when I actually select the 12 months plan and proceed for payment it only shows me that Credit Card is the only option to pay. While UPI payments is shown for monthly subscriptions.
As as student I don't own any Credit Card, so UPI is the only option left for me to pay. I'm fine with getting charged the full amount initially rather than monthly deductions.

Please look into this matter and provide UPI support for the same.

5 Replies

Hey there @as1nkr0n8,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

As we've mentioned in this Ongoing Issue, we're currently looking into some issues with payments made through UPI. While we're investigating this, keep in mind that it may not be possible to upgrade using UPI as a payment method. This would explain why you're having troubles using that option at the moment. 

In this case, we'd recommend keeping an eye out for any updates in the Ongoing Issue linked. If you'd like, you can also try selecting an alternative method to what you’ve already tried, or a debit card.

Hope this helps clarify things 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I was able to pay using my debit card(MasterCard) details in the credit card fields and that transaction was a success, I received the premium status.
Hope this UPI issue gets resolved soon for others, till then one can try the payment with debit card if they don't own a credit card.

Hey there @as1nkr0n8,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Glad to hear all's well now 🙂

On another note, you can make sure to add your +VOTE in the Ongoing Issue mentioned in our last reply to stay up to speed with any updates we have.

Let us know if you have further questions, we'll be happy to help.

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DX7KNKjOK0o75

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

@as1nkr0n8 wrote:

I was able to pay using my debit card(MasterCard) details in the credit card fields and that transaction was a success, I received the premium status.
Hope this UPI issue gets resolved soon for others, till then one can try the payment with debit card if they don't own a credit card.

Mine is visa and not a master card and I can't pay through it. Please help. 

@as1nkr0n8 wrote:

Suggested posts