Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro late 2015

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

My Question or Issue

I hear rumours that Spotify will no longer be integrated with Algoriddim djay from 1st July 2020 onwards, is this true?  What are you able to tell me about this?  Do you have plans to integrate with any other DJ software (e.g. Serato, Rekordbox etc.) in the future?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Spotify Integration for Algoriddim DJay Pro

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hello there!

Algoriddim has now officially announced that their integration will be deactivated, as you can see here. Therefore, from July 1, 2020, Spotify will no longer be playable through 3rd party DJ apps.

I hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Highlighted

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hi @djay_user, thanks for writing.

As far as I'm concerned, there are no plans for Spotify to suspend the integration with DJay Pro. 

On the other hand, it would be great to be able to integrate Spotify with Serato or Traktor. Let's hope it becomes a reality soon!

BittencourtRock Star 21
Highlighted

Hi there!

Please just don’t quit with Djay Software from Algoriddim!
I am a subscriber of both, and it will make both useless for me.
Why change such a successful and beautiful partnership?
Please, do not do it!!! 🙏🏻
Regards, and keep up with the good work!

Highlighted

The only reason I have spotify is for use with Algoriddim Djay.
I stream less tracks then the average user, (im sure you will verify that by running my account) which makes me more profitable than regular listeners, as i purchase a family subscription despite being one user.

I would appreciate input from either (if not both) company to confirm or deny these observations of an apparent relationship breakdown, with seemingly innevitable fourthcomming consequences for customers.

If a deal is in negotiatio, as a spotify user, i would like you to know that its not only djay that will be losing me as a customer, its spotify too.
Highlighted

Visitor
yes I would like to know when the spotify is dropping djay pro and who they partner with next?
Highlighted

Music Fan
News is properly out about this now and I’m in the same position of paying a premium account and having the djay app. So it looks like I’ll be cancelling premium and taking the djay promoter advice to trial soundcloud and tidal https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2020/03/spotify-to-stop-working-in-djay/?fbclid=IwAR3e4dkYxNo-QT4ZmFH2...
Highlighted

Very unfortunate decision to end support for DJ Pro. I can’t justify have multiple streaming services and therefore sound cloud and/or tidal will be picking up my business. I currently pay for a family premium account. I know of 4 or 5 others who will also be switching for the same reason. 

I would have happily paid a premium to maintain this capability. Hopefully you will reconsider in the future. 

Highlighted

Regular

With a Spotify Premium account, you have access to millions of tracks, directly within djay Pro. If you don't have, you could download music from Spotify using TunesKit Spotify Music Converter, then transfer Spotify music to DJay Pro for mixing. https://www.tuneskit.com/spotify-music-tips/spotify-to-djay-pro.html

Highlighted
Solution!

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hello there!

Algoriddim has now officially announced that their integration will be deactivated, as you can see here. Therefore, from July 1, 2020, Spotify will no longer be playable through 3rd party DJ apps.

I hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MRock Star 11

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Sorry to hear. Don't want to go 😪

I chose Spotify because it has great integrations with other apps like Djay Pro and Logitech Squeezebox / Media Server.

Damm, need to migrate my whole Family to Tidal. Lot's of work for what???

Stupid decision of Spotify!!

SUGGESTED POSTS