Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium Continuously being hacked - will cancel

Spotify Premium Continuously being hacked - will cancel

My Spotify Premium account is continuously being hacked. I login through Facebook, I have changed my password to Facebook multiple times and signed out of devices everywhere multiple times.

They do not appear to have access to my Facebook or other acxounts. This hacker keeps deleting all of my playlists and is called "Bryan".

I will cancel my premium subscription unless this is reaolved
4 Replies

Hey @PrimalScream77, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Could you try a couple things and then let me know if the problem still continues?

1) On Spotify.com, go to your Account page and change your password. While some users have said that this hasn't fixed their problem, it has worked in other cases. (Facebook users have to change their Facebook password instead.)

2) Also on your Account page, there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all active devices. If you do this as well as change your password then the problem should disappear.

3) Another option is to go to the Apps tab on your Account page, here you can revoke permission from apps that want to access your Spotify account. If you see anything here that you don't trust, remove it from the list. I currently have 3 apps connected.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I've previously tried Options 1) and 2) multiple times, however I have no tried option 3). I've now done this and will see if this resolves the issue over the next couple of days.

The hacker created two playlists called "no descarguen pendejos" and "BryanChupaPija" which if you translate from Spanish in Google are quite interesting...

Any way to trace this access and identify who did it?

This issue still not resolved after following all 3 of the steps you mentioned, as of 2 minutes ago the hacker is still able to access my spotify account and is deleting my playlists.

Currently no offline devices, no apps accessing and i've signed out of everything, changed my facebook password 5 times and nothing is resolving the issue.

I'll give 24 hours for a fix until I cancel my subscription.

@PrimalScream77,

All you need to do is get in contact with Spotify support and their Accounts team can take a look backstage. The easiest way to contact them is by messaging SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter. They usually respond within 48 hours!

Please let me know if you need help with anything else 🙂

Suggested posts