NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium - Why playing ads?

Spotify Premium - Why playing ads?

Plan

Premium

Country

Romania

My Question or Issue

Why playing ads if i have premium plan? This happen many times in last period. My subscription is active till March 2019.

5 Replies

Hey there @CyberMix,

Sorry to hear you're having this issue.

Please reach your account page online and click "Sign Out Everywhere".

After this step had been done, uninstall Spotify from your device and perform a new clean reinstall (It will assure you have the latest version of Spotify installed)

Log back in and see if it did the trick.

Waiting on your update d(^_^)b

I have done this and I am still getting ads??

Hey @Jdy,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

First, could you just quickly double-check your account overview page and make sure that the account you're using is still on Premium?

If it is, then it's possible that you've accidentally signed in to the wrong account, possibly one which is on free. Could you quickly log out and back in again using the account details of your Premium account?

In the meantime, would you mind sending over a few screenshots to show how these ads appear for you?

Thanks - keep us posted!

I've been experiencing this issue with The Daily Wellness playlist. The ad is an audio ad not reflected in the playlist. I can skip the ad but it feels like someone is trying to trick me into listening to ads or get me unwittingly accustom to hearing a small add and next the frequency will slowly increase.

I would not pay for Spotify if I wanted to hear ads. 

My first guess is that is is an issue with the playlist but since the ad itself is not reflected in the playlist it doesn't look like it's a playlist issue. 

At closer inspection it is an Ad track embedded in the playlist! Those sneaky jokers. I might have to stop listening to that particular playlist.

Suggested posts