Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium changed to Free - why?

Spotify Premium changed to Free - why?

Hello. I've had Premium-account and during my London holiday 2.-5.6.2017 my account has changed to Free-account. I wonder why. I have done nothing.

I got an email saying there is a problem in payment. My credit card is totally okay so what might be the problem? Is the problem that I've been mostly offline during that holiday and Spotify had no chance to take pay. Or should I confirm the payment things every now and then?

1 Reply

Hey @diana85

In this case, you can try deleting your payment info and putting it again. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE under Payment Info. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before removing your payment info.

After you've removed your payment info, resubscribe to Premium with your card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Just remember that your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts